The Washburn County Sheriff’s Office will make every effort possible to ensure your papers are delivered in a timely fashion. You can assist us in this by providing us with the papers a reasonable amount of time before the requested delivery date.
- We accept faxed copies of domestic abuse and harassment restraining orders.
- We do not give legal advice.
- Prepayment for process service is required.
- $75 fee per defendant and/or respondent served or attempted to serve.
- Please be sure the address provided is in Washburn County
- Physical address for defendant/respondent must be provided; we cannot provide service to P.O. Boxes
- Our office will not forward returns to the clerk of court unless for a Washburn County case.
When you request a paper service please include the following in your request:
- If you require returns; if so please include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- One copy for each person to be served and copy of 1st page of paper for return.
- Costs (All Process Service papers require prepayment)
For more information or to check on the status of your paper service please contact:
Requests for process service can be submitted to us by mail or in person at:
Washburn County Sheriff’s Office
421 Highway 63
P.O. Box 429
Shell Lake, WI 54871
Or by fax at: 715-468-4715
Or via email at: email@example.com